Free PCOS Event at The Royal Society of Medicine

05 September 2017    by - Dr Pandelis Athanasias

On Saturday 9th September 2017, the Royal Society of Medicine will be hosting an event on polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) as part of its Medicine and Me series. The event will run for half a day and will feature talks from some of the biggest experts in PCOS across Europe, covering a wide range of topics.

The Medicine and Me series seeks to give patients with health conditions and their carers a platform to discuss their concerns with regards to diagnosis, treatment, and proper management. With direct feedback from patients, healthcare professionals can learn from and improve their care towards them.

At the conference on Saturday, around 70% of the attendees will be those living with PCOS, their families, carers and other advocates. The remaining 30% will consist of researchers and clinicians, including doctors, specialist nurses and other healthcare professionals who are involved in treating and caring for those living with this particular condition.

The program runs from 12.30pm and will consist of several agenda topics, including an explanation of PCOS and its causes, the discussion of specific symptoms such as excess hair, infertility and weight gain, advice on how to manage symptoms, patient stories, Q + A sessions and panel discussions.

With a wide and varied program, the event will surely prove helpful in providing support and practical advice for those diagnosed with PCOS and also those who are directly involved in handling PCOS patients.

Please visit the Royal Society of Medicine’s website to register for a free place.

See A Consultant